Donations to Metro Blind Sport
Participation in sport provides blind and partially sighted people with opportunities to integrate into society, to build peer group friendships, to increase confidence and self-esteem as well as gaining valuable physical exercise and improved fitness, health and wellbeing.
We need the support and involvement of individuals, companies and trusts to enable us to provide a broad range of sporting activities, first-class facilities and coaching for all blind and partially sighted people across Greater London.
or you can donate via Just giving below
Chat to Carol our Fundraising Officer!
To discuss opportunities on how you can support Metro Blind Sport please contact our fundraising officer Carol McFetridge
Tel: 0203 475 1062 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The performances of our Paralympians in the London 2012 Olympics has shown what can be achieved at an elite level. To ensure that blind and visually impaired people at a grass route level have the same opportunities, to achieve their personal goals, means protecting and developing our current activities. This is where you can a make difference
How you can support the work of Metro with a one-off donation
- £20 would pay for an hour’s hire of a Green to play Bowls
- £30 would pay for an umpire for a game of VI Cricket
- £60 would pay for a specialist Coach for a 2-hour sports session
- £100 would pay for specialist Tennis Equipment for our Sound Tennis Group
- £500 would pay for a year’s archery coaching sessions.
- £650 would pay for a kit for one of our VI Football Teams
- £1,000 would pay for 40 weeks coaching for our VI Bowls team.
- £4000 would subsidise 20 members to attend a skiing event in Norway.
- £6000 would pay for our Metro Games which allows around 75 Blind and partially sighted people the chance to take part and compete in a variety of track and field sports.
or you can donate via Just giving below
Prefer to Donate by Cheque
If you wish to donate by Cheque, please make payable to “Metro Blind Sport” and post to Shamim Ali, Finance Department, Entrance D Tavistock House South, Tavistock Square, Kings Cross, London WC1H 9L 9LG
Ambitious for the future
We want to provide more support for our individual members and move our club to a new level by taking a leading role in the development of sport for blind and partially sighted people. Our aim is to:
- Target specific VI groups and communities and develop new projects tailored to their specific needs.
- Work with new partners to deliver more sporting opportunities and increase participation.
- Fund our thriving cricket and bowls teams to take part in international events.
- Fund permanent part time administrative support to ensure that we grow and develop on a sound footing.
We look forward to working closely with more of you!
If you would like to know more about Metro’s funding please e-mail our Chair of Trustees at email@example.com
To discuss opportunities on how you can support METRO please contact our fundraising officer Carol McFetridge on Tel: 0203 475 1062 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Metro Blind Sport is a Registered Charity No. 1158098 (formerly 268076)
Leave a gift in your will
A Will ensures that the proceeds of your estate go to the people or organisations that you wish to benefit from them and in whatever proportion you decide.
If you do not leave a Will then the state will determine how your estate will be divided, to whom and in what proportions. It can be a lengthy process. You can give money to one or more chosen charities in your Will. It is very tax efficient because charity donations are excluded from inheritance tax.
Charities, like Metro Blind Sport, benefit because every penny of the money you donate can be used to provide sporting opportunities for hundreds of visually impaired people for many years to come.
Types of Legacies:
There are three main ways to leave Metro Blind Sport a gift in your Will. Your solicitor or financial advisor will be able to check everything over for you but it may be helpful for you to consider the options below in advance:
- Residuary Gift – is the gift of all (or part) of the value of your estate.
- Pecuniary Gift – is the gift of a particular sum of money.
- Specific Gift – is the gift of a specified item that could be for example; a painting or a piece of jewellery.
For more information, or if you would like to talk to someone in confidence about leaving Metro Blind Sport a gift in your Will, please contact Monica Smith,
Metro trustee by phone: 07704405448 or email: email@example.com.
Metro Sports and Social Club of Vision Impaired people
Charity number: 1158098 Founded in 1973
Registered address: 5 Mead Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1AU