The photo above of Lois Turner presented with her Player of the Year award.
Original Article on BCEW website
The BCEW UK Women’s VI Cricket Team are set for their first international series as they fly out on 5th July to face the West Indies in Barbados.
The team, formed by John Garbett in 2015, will play five matches against the West Indies Women’s VI Team including a mixture of day and night games, whilst both teams will also enjoy a visit to the British High Commission.
The series is being organised in conjunction with the West Indies Cricket Council for the Blind and its overall aim is to develop women’s international visually impaired cricket.
BCEW would like to thank The Brian Johnston Memorial Trust, The Primary Club and Manpower Group UK for their financial support in developing women’s VI cricket as well as the support they’ve provided for this tour.
BCEW Vice Chairman Dave Gavrilovic added: “We would like to thank all of the coaches and the many volunteers who have given up their own time and money to help develop the women’s team. Without their support, this tour would not be happening, so they should all be extremely proud of themselves and of the group of women who are on their way to Barbados.”
- Thursday 5th July: UK Women arrive in Barbados
- Friday 6th July: Training Session
- Sunday 8th July: Training Session
- Monday 9th July: West Indies Women v UK Women (Practice Match)
- Tuesday 10th July: West Indies Women v UK Women (Practice Match)
- Wednesday 11th July: West Indies Women v UK Women (International Match)
- Wednesday 11th July: Both teams visit the British High Commission
- Thursday 12th July: West Indies Women v UK Women (Practice Match, Floodlit)
- Friday 13th July: West Indies Women v UK Women (International Match, floodlit)
UK Women’s Squad
- Camile Kamera (Berkshire Stags)
- Becky King (Berkshire Stags)
- Ruth Stacey (Berkshire Stags)
- Hannah Young (Berkshire Stags)
- Georgie Ridgway (Derbyshire Owls)
- Helen Robinson (Durham Viper Jets)
- Linda Boulding (Kent Spitfires)
- Alison Heasman (Kent Spitfires)
- Amanda Large (Lancashire Lions)
- Amelia Robertson (Lancashire Lions)
- Natasha Mead (RNC Hereford Bulldogs)
- Kathryn Jelfs-White (Somerset VICC)
- Minerva Ainsworth (Surrey VICC)
- Storme Dunford (Surrey VICC)
- Leanne Harvey (Surrey VICC)
- Lois Turner (Captain, Surrey VICC)
- Val Daniel (Worcestershire Elizabethans)
- Amy Buck (Yorkshire Vikings)
Team Manager: John Garbett
Deputy Team Manager: Geoff Smith
Coaches: John Garbett, Martin Wilson & Steve Bailey
Umpires: Chris Parkes & Doug Beebe
Scorer: Simon Boulding
Team Doctor: Dr John Large