Let’s Get Inclusive Event! – Thurs 3 Dec 2020
London FA, together with Middlesex FA with be running a FREE virtual disability event to celebrate International Day of People with Disabilities on Thursday 3rd December.
Let’s Get Inclusive is a series of inclusive workshops to support and develop disability football In Middlesex and London. We will run 8 workshops throughout the day via zoom, whether you’re a player/ coach/ club/ volunteer/ teacher/ school/ disabled persons organisation/ parent/carer. there is something for everyone. You can attend as many workshops as you would like!
10 am – 11 am – Let’s Get Involved
- Get to know about disability football in your county – create disability football sessions, how disabled people can become coaches/referees, disability leagues etc
11 am – 12 pm – Let’s Get Mental Health Aware delivered by Mind Harrow
- Mental Health Awareness workshop focussed on understanding the mental health umbrella and how to build emotional health with strategies to cope with poor mental health.
12 am – 1 pm – Let’s Get Informed – Inclusion Panel
- Middlesex FA, London FA, Sense, Wheelchair Football Association, CP Sport, Southwark Stars FC and QPR will discuss all those important topics around disability sport, inclusion, barriers and change.
2 pm – 3 pm – Let’s Get Disability Aware – Disability Awareness in Sport delivered by Disability Sports Coach
- Disability awareness workshop for those wanting to become more knowledgeable about working with disabled people.
3 pm – 4 pm – Let’s Get Playing with QPR
- QPR will be running a football session for anyone looking to get active during the day
4 pm – 5 pm – Let’s Get Refereeing
- An introductory workshop to refereeing disability football or how we support disabled people to become referees.
5 pm – 6 pm – Let’s Get Coaching
- An introductory workshop to coaching disability football and how we support disabled people to become coaches.
6 pm – 7.30 pm – Let’s Get More Talent
- A Talent ID workshop for anyone running disability football sessions/ pe sessions to spot talented players to go through the national talent pathway.
To book onto any of the workshops, just click the link below, then select ‘book now’ on your chosen workshop.
For more information please email email@example.com or call/ text 078 34049661
Conor Mc Brearty
Disability Football Development Officer
Phone: 07834049661 EXT 284
Disability Football http://www.londonfa.com/players/disability-football