In the image above a bearded home superhero on a white background, who is wearing an eye mask as he ties on his blue and red lined cloak!
Join Metro Blind Sport in the 2.6 Challenge!
The Covid-19 pandemic has had a significant impact of charities delivery of services and on fundraising activity. There have been small and large participation events cancelled across London.
In response, the organisers of the biggest mass-participation sports events across the country have come together to create a new campaign to raise vital funds to help to save the UK’s charities.
The 2.6 Challenge will launch on Sunday 26 April 2020 and we’re inviting you, your family and friends to take part to help to save the UK’s charities.
From Sunday 26 April, we’re asking you to dream up an activity based around the numbers 2.6 or 26 and fundraise by creating a 2.6 Challenge.
What can you do?
This is a challenge for all ages and abilities. All you need to do is think of an activity based around the numbers 26 or 2.6 that suits your skills and complete it on or from Sunday 26 April.
- You can run or walk 2.6 miles, 2.6km or for 26 minutes.
- You could do the same in your home or garden, go up and down the stairs 26 times,
- do 26 catches with a VI cricket or tennis ball,
- learn the 26 braille letters of the alphabet,
- do a 26 minute exercise class or get 26 people on a video call and do a 26 minute workout
Anything you like. We want people to get active, have fun and raise money to help Save the UK’s Charities by giving money or raising funds.
And don’t worry if you’re not able to get out your house or flat for now – you can do your 2.6 challenge anywhere inside too! There are no rules, apart from the Government guidelines on how to exercise safely during this time.
Whatever you can do, you can be a part of it – the main thing is to get active, have fun and pledge whatever you can to help.
How can you raise money?
You can create your own fundraising page or donate through the #twopointsixchallenge website page: https://blindsport.uk/
What to do next
There are just five simple steps to take.
- Step 1: Dream up your 2.6 challenge – if you need help there are lots of ideas here
- Step 2: Click here: https://blindsport.uk/MBS26Challenge to donate £26 – or whatever you can afford to Metro Blind Sport, or to set up a fundraising page
- Step 3: Ask all your friends and family to sponsor you and challenge them to do their own 2.6 Challenge
- Step 4: Complete your challenge
- Step 5: Share a photo or video of your challenge on social media with #TwoPointSixChallenge and add @MetroVISports, so we can retweet your awesomeness with everyone!
We hope you’ll join the nation in The 2.6 Challenge to support Metro Blind Sport and help to save the UK’s charities.
CEO Metro Blind Sport