Metro Blind Sport Subsidy Information Page
In recent months, our CEO and trustees, have been reviewing the subsidy policy. From January 2020 we will be implementing our new policy. There are several changes from the previous policy.
Please take notice of the changes carefully, as we have made it clearer what activities we will support and when and how requests should be made. It is advised that members read the policy before submitted a subsidy request.
Downloadable Subsidy Policy and Subsidy Claim Form
- Subsidy Policy 2020: https://blindsport.uk/SubsidyPolicy2020
- Subsidy Claim Form: https://blindsport.uk/MBSSubsidy2020
If any members have a question related to the below subsidy policy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Metro Membership/Subsidy Policy
Members of Metro may request a financial subsidy to enable participation in sporting activities and events to provide, where possible, some form of financial assistance to its members to enable them to participate fully in sometimes costly events. The information below is taken directly from Metro’s Constitution (June 2015) and provides guidance when considering requests for financial support.
2 The Constitution States:
The object of the CIO is to relieve blind and partially sighted people, primarily resident in Greater London, who are in need, by providing, or assisting in the provision of, recreational items, services or facilities calculated to relieve the needs of such persons. In furtherance of this Object, the CIO trustee powers shall include, but not be limited to:
- to provide vision impaired people with as wide a range of fulfilling sport as possible;
- to provide a variety of social activities and interests;
- to provide the means – through sporting and social activities – of mixing with sighted individuals with a view to improving understanding and the integration of vision impaired people into the community;
- to provide, where possible, some form of financial assistance to its members to enable them to participate fully in sometimes costly events;
- to do all such other lawful things as shall further the above object.
3 Guidance notes for trustees, existing and new members
3.1 Subsidies are only available to current members of Metro Blind Sport.
3.2 All subsidies need to be submitted in writing by completion of a subsidy form. If you require assistance to complete a subsidy form, please email email@example.com.
3.3 All grants approved must be supported by receipts and will be at the sole discretion of the trustees.
3.4 Members living within the Greater London area may apply for a subsidy towards the cost of any leisure or sporting activity.
3.5 Subsidies will not be granted for adult members travel within London due to the availability of the Freedom Pass.
3.6 Consideration of subsidies will be given to junior members travel arrangements on a case by case basis.
3.5 Members living outside Greater London may apply for a subsidy to any leisure and sporting activity, but any travel costs will be calculated from the Greater London area to the event. This will apply especially to members who are part of a Metro team event e.g. bowls, cricket and football
Note: Metro membership is made up of members who have:
- Lived in Greater London and moved away;
- Work in Greater London and live in the surrounding counties;
- Live in surrounding counties and take part regularly in activities organised by Metro in Greater London.
The Trustees take into consideration when granting subsidies to members living outside Greater London, anyone who serves on committees or sub-committees, or takes an active role in regular activities, including the promotion of the club and fundraising.
- Subsidy requests should be approved prior to the event or activity being carried out if it is not on the pre-authorised list of activities. Please send in your requests at least 4 weeks prior to your activity if pre-authorisation is required.
- Subsidy requests do not require approval prior to the event or activity being carried out if they are on the pre-authorised list of activities. Subsidy requests in this instance, must be sent in no later than 8 weeks after the event. Failure to do so, may result in non-payment.
- Subsidy requests not on the pre-authorised list of activities will be considered carefully on a case by case basis by the trustees of Metro Blind Sport, with guidance from Sport Leads where applicable.
- With a finite amount of resources, it is important for trustees to prioritise and manage funds to support all our members across all sporting activities and events.
- Whilst subsidy requests are considered on a case by case basis, consideration is given to members that are taking part in Metro Blind Sport organised activity, events where members are directly representing Metro Blind Sport or events that are organised and/or sanctioned by the relevant sporting/governing bodies.
- Metro Blind Sport members must disclose if they have received any other means of payment towards the sporting or physical activity event that they are claiming a subsidy for.
- Decisions are not taken lightly and we regret that, on occasion, we may not be able to support subsidy requests.
Pre-authorised list of activities:
The events listed below do not require approval prior to submitting a subsidy form. All other activities will require approval prior to submitting a subsidy request. Metro Blind Sport reserve the right to change this list without consultation.
LTA Visually Impaired Regional Tennis Tournaments
LTA National Visually Impaired Tennis Championships
IBTA International Blind Tennis Tournament
Partially Sighted Football League, Cup Tournaments
Partially Sighted Football League, League Tournament
Blind Cricket England and Wales National League
Blind Cricket England and Wales Regional League
BBS Primary Club Heindrich Swanepoel Memorial Cup
Blind Cricket England and Wales Twenty20 Cup
Blind Cricket England and Wales Brian Johnston Memorial Trust Development Festival
Blind Cricket England and Wales Brian Johnston Memorial Trust International Ball Challenge Cup
Weston-Super-Mare Open Singles
UK VIBE Indoor Singles
UK VIBE Indoor Pairs
UK VIBE Indoor Triples
UK VIBE Outdoor Triples
Open Pairs and Singles National Championships
World Blind Bowls Championships
BBS Indoor Championships
BBS Outdoor Championships
All other subsidy requests should be approved prior to the event or activity being carried out. Metro Blind Sport actively encourage subsidy requests for events or activities that are not detailed on the pre-authorised list.
The pre-authorised list of activities may be updated throughout the year.
Subsidy Claim Form
- Subsidy Claim Form: https://blindsport.uk/MBSSubsidy2020