How we can help
- Keep you informed with what’s on locally for people living with sight loss
- Keep you up to date regarding new sporting activities and the latest sporting news
- Supply information on where to develop your skills
- Source coaching where required
- Help you with marketing and promotion of your sports
- Help you to access funding for sporting activities
- Support you with sourcing venues and equipment
- Help with finding volunteers
Metro’s sporting aspirations
- Strengthen and grow the number of sports available for blind and partially sighted people across all London boroughs.
- Grow our partnerships so that we meet the sporting wants and needs of people in London who are blind or partially sighted.
- Develop a volunteer programme to recruit, train and support more volunteers to enhance all of Metro’s activities.
To ask questions or just have a chat about what is available…
Contact: Lucy SImper – our Sports Development Officer
Email: email@example.com or Phone: 07966 260089
British Blind Sport has begun developing sport-specific educational resources to assist those who are delivering sporting sessions with support and guidance on how to include people with sight loss.
Find guidance and training docs via the link here; http://blindsport.uk/BBSGuides on Vision Impaired Friendly Sport, Boccia, Athletics , Equestrian, Football, Scottish Football, Judo, Swimming, Tennis and walking.
Metro Blind Sports Social Networks
Get all the latest blind & partially sighted event information & news as soon as we do!