Guide runners database for the Vision Impaired
This new exciting project was launched on the 29th March in partnership with British Blind Sport. The database will enable visually impaired people to search for guide runners locally supporting them to take up or develop their running
Currently there are 112 guides on the database with a good number in London. EA will be training a further 250+ by March 2017. Running is a great way to get fit and meet new people.
If you want to give it a go and need someone to support you why not search for a guide runner
Find a Guide
Find A Guide is available at a larger scale on the England Athletics Website
: Find a Guide
Running is a great way to get fit, enjoy the outdoors and meet other people. England Athletics and British Blind Sport have created the Find a Guide Database to help you start, get back to or stay running. If you are 18 or older simply search for guide runners near you using your postcode. Our friendly guide runners have all attended a Sight Loss Awareness and Guide Running workshop, are DBS checked, passionate about running and are waiting to help support you whether it’s your first time running or you’re a seasoned runner just looking for more support.
Finding a guide runner could help you to:
- Go for a run – any place , any time, any distance, any speed
- Join a club or running group – a great way to meet new people and socialise
- Take part in an event or race – an opportunity to set goals and challenge yourself
- You must be over 18 to use the Find a Guide Database
- Your privacy is important to us and so the contact details you complete to contact a guide runner will not be shared with anyone other than the guides you contact
- We’d like to get in touch to find out about your experiences of running to make sure we continue to improve the Find a Guide Database. By using this website you agree to us getting in touch (we won’t share your contact details with anyone else).
Guide is available on the England Athletics Website : Find a Guide