Coronavirus (Covid 19) – How RNIB Services Can Help You!
RNIB’s services are needed more than ever in these uncertain times. Our teams are working hard and we aim to increase our support for blind and partially sighted people over the coming weeks.
As the situation regarding Covid-19 changes, information is vital and we are working to ensure blind and partially sighted people are kept informed and have access to help.
It is a fast-evolving situation and we are ramping up our support networks and capabilities. We urge anyone in our community who needs help to call our Helpline on 0303 123 9999.
Matt Stringer, CEO of RNIB, said: “We know that RNIB’s services are a lifeline to potentially quarantined people. The safety of our customers, employees, volunteers and people in our establishments is paramount, but we continue to support delivery of critical services to our customers – from our helpline to ECLOs.
“In addition to the usual advice and support about anything to do with living with sight loss, our team will offer further support to anyone with sight loss who becomes isolated or is concerned about accessing information, products or services, and over the coming weeks we will increase that support to the blind and partially sighted community.”
RNIB is offering help and support
RNIB’s Helpline: 0303 123 9999 remains open on weekdays (from 8 am-8 pm) and on Saturdays (9 am-1 pm).
Staff will be working from home in order to support our customers over coming weeks and, in addition to the usual advice and support about anything to do with living with sight loss, our team can offer further support to anyone with sight loss who becomes isolated or is concerned about accessing information, products or services.
Our team of advisers will help to connect people to sources of local support and find solutions with anyone who calls us. Not all the information about Covid-19 is accessible so we are working with public information providers to ensure information is accessible, including image descriptions online.
- If anyone if finding it challenging to access key information, we can help. You can call the RNIB Helpline on 0303 123 9999 or email email@example.com.
- As people are spending more time at home, RNIB is offering more opportunities to connect with others via telephone and online; please contact the Helpline to sign up. You can also join our popular regional Facebook groups where many people are sharing local information, useful hints and tips and interesting things they have been up to.
- Our ECLO (Eye Clinic Liaison Officer) service, as hospital eye care services are affected, will be delivered via telephone to ensure people, who are newly diagnosed or have a change in their sight, can access practical and emotional support. We are working with several other organisations, including the NHS and other charities, to focus our support where it is most needed.
- Here are some Essential links and information on supermarket opening times: https://blindsport.uk/RNIBsMarkets
- RNIB’s Online Shop is working as normal and has new supplies arriving shortly.
- We have increased the number of books for USB users so you can now have three books at a time. We encourage USB users to take advantage of this as it will help us keep production times down. In anticipation of potential issues producing and delivering USB sticks over the forthcoming months, we encourage as many customers as possible to receive Talking Books via our new digital service.