New East London Goalball – Come and give Goalball a go!
It’s great fun, good exercise, and a great way to meet new people
In partnership with The Worshipful Company of Spectacle Makers, London Borough of Tower Hamlets and Better, Goalball UK are launching new Goalball sessions for anyone to attend – visually impaired or sighted young or old, male or female, no experience necessary but if you are experienced come and show us how! All equipment is provided.
What is Goalball?
- A 3-a-side game designed specifically for partially sighted and blind people
- All players wear eyeshades meaning anyone of any sight can play
- The ball has bells in so players can hear the ball
- The indoor court (18m x 9m) has tactile markings to help orientate players
- Players throw the ball along the floor to score a goal and use their bodies to defend their own goal
Dates: Saturday 15th & 29th September and 13th & 27th October with more scheduled
Time: 10am – 1pm
Venue: Poplar Leisure Baths, 70 East India Dock Rd, Poplar, E14 0ED
Cost: Free for your first two sessions then £3 a session
Closest Train Station: All Saints DLR. The station exit is next to the venue. Meet and
For more information, and to register your interest, please contact Alex Bunney on 07894832820 or firstname.lastname@example.org