The Mayor of Southwark’s Duckathon is a fun swimming fund raising event taking place between Monday 14th and Sunday 20th November 2016. All money raised by the Duckathon will go to Surrey Docks Farm and the National Autistic Society which are the Mayor of Southwark’s two nominated charities for this year.
You can swim on your own, as a family or as a team, and everyone who enters will get a hat and once they’re finished will get a medal or a unique ‘Duckathon’ rubber duck. You can swim in any of the four Southwark Council pools, or swim elsewhere and record your distance with us, and donate sponsor money to the Mayor’s charities via Justgiving or bank transfer. You can also download a sponsorship form and encourage family, friends and colleagues to sponsor your splash.
If you want to take part you will need to register (for free) but please donate the suggested registration fee as it’s all going to charity!
- Peckham Duckathon – Monday 14 November at 7-9pm or Sunday 20 November 8am – 1pm
- Dulwich Duckathon – Tuesday 15 November at 7-9pm or Sunday 20 November 8am – 1pm
- Castle Duckathon – Wednesday 16 November at 6-8pm or Sunday 20th November 8am – 1pm
- Camberwell Duckathon – Thursday 17 November at 6-8pm or Sunday 20 November 8am – 1pm
- You can also register to swim in your own local pool anytime in the week 14 to 20 November.
You can swim up to 5km but you can swim much shorter distances too. If you want to swim as a team, just remember to book enough tickets for everyone involved. You can swim one after the other or together, but teams should be no more than 5 people. Junior ducks are under 18 years old.
I hope you can join us to #swimwithducks. Further details are on the flyer (attached), I would be grateful if you could pass this information onto anyone else you think would be interested in this event.