North East Visually Impaired Tennis Club
07889762580Contact: Email Steve Trewick or call 07889762580
Entry remains open until Saturday April 30th.
Download Format Information – updated 21-04-2016
Please share this with all your VI tennis contacts. Our list may not be comprehensive.
See You On the Courts!
All Regional Tournament Information
I am pleased to provide you more information regarding the Blind & Vision Impaired Tennis regional tournaments that are taking place this year. Here is a reminder of the details for each tournament:
The first one to kick off the year is being held at Sutton Tennis Academy on the 20 March. If you would like to enter please follow the steps below. If you have already entered on-line please contact Sutton Tennis Academy reception team on 0208 641 6611 to make payment (£18) by debit or credit card. Please note this payment needs to be made before the entry deadline.
1) On-line entry via the Competitions Search Tool –
You will need to be a British Tennis Member in order to enter on-line. If you have any problems or would like further information please email email@example.com or phone myself on 0208 487 7068.
Please follow these steps in order to enter:
- Go to www.lta.org.uk
- Click on Members – Log in or sign up today
- Sign up to BTM membership if you are not already a member
- Log in to your profile
- Go to COMPETE – Find a competition
- At the bottom of the screen there is a box where you can enter the tournament code or name. You will find each tournament code in the tournament information above.
- Click on the event(s) you wish to enter, click on add to basket & then checkout.
- Please enter the category you wish to play in (players can enter one category above their sight classification)
- Please pay the entry fee as stated for each tournament.
Please note all B5 players should enter the B4 category as the on-line entry system doesn’t have a B5 category option.
2) If you are unable to complete the online entry please use these short links below of the entry form for the Sutton tournament in word format: http://bit.ly/1SnG07Q or in a editable PDF format: http://bit.ly/20jadJm
For other tournaments please contact the tournament organiser for each tournament & they will send you a paper entry form.
An internal prioritisation system will be in place for each tournament & players from within the region that the tournament is taking place will be accepted first. This should allow all players to be able to participate in at least one regional tournament.
All players participating in a regional tournament will need to have a BBS classification. After the entry deadline all entries will be checked by the tournament organiser with BBS. Players are permitted to enter one category above their classification but they must play to the rules of that classification. If you don’t currently have a sight classification through BBS you can find out more information by clicking here
Format and Rules
Please click here for a document outlining the rules & format that will be in place for each tournament. This document should answer all your questions but if it doesn’t please phone or email me & I will try to answer your questions as best as I can!
If you have any queries about the specific events please contact the relevant tournament organiser or if you have any other general queries please contact the Tennis Foundation. At the end of the series I would really value constructive feedback from players, tournament organisers & referees so please keep a note of what you feel is good & what could maybe be improved for next year.
Disability Tournament Director