7th Annual Go Islington Festival!
Free sporting fun for everyone! sport
Try more than 20 different sports and activities at the 7th annual Go Islington festival. There are marquees for young people and families, an inflatable for bouncing on, health and information stalls, and a prize draw for young people who try five or more sports. All ages are welcome, and the event is free.
For the under 11s, you’ll find Waterslide
Adventure Playground activities, Highbury Bandstand One O’Clock Club and sing-a-long with Singing Hariett
For teens and young adults, the Launchpad stage features Afrobeats, Platform Voices, Gain Ctrl artists, plus circus skills with Roundhouse.
All ages can try basketball, boxing, football, tennis, rugby, mixed martial art s and much more.
Plus don’t miss the Arsenal pop-up goal.
Date: Saturday 27 July, Time: 11 am -4 pm
Venue: Highbury Fields
EVENTS offered by…
- American flag football, 11am-2pm, offered by FloReal Sports
- Archery, offered by Access to Sports
- Badminton, offered by Black Arrows Badminton Club
- Basketball, offered by Access to Sports
- Boxing, offered by Sobell Boxing Club
- Cricket, offered by Middlesex County Cricket Club
- Cycle repairs, arranged by Islington Council cycling team
- Exercise bikes and rowing machines, offered by Highbury Leisure Centre
- Fitness classes, offered by GLL, who manage the borough’s leisure centres
- Football, offered by Islington Football Development Partnership
- Football pop-goal, offered by Arsenal in the Community
- Mixed martial arts, offered by Mixed Martial Arts for Reform and Progression
- Tennis, offered by Islington Tennis Centre
There are activities for families:
- The Family Marquee with Singing Harriette, Music and Movement with Monkey Music, Waterside Adventure Playground and football classes for under 5s
- Highbury Fields Bandstand One O’Clock Club
Be active before the event by taking part in the weekly Highbury Fields 5k parkrun at 9am