12-week Free Swimming lessons for Southwark’s residents
After a very successful pilot of free swimming lessons this Autumn, Southwark council and Everyone Active are now ready to accept applications for the next 12-week course which starts the week beginning the 13th January.
The lessons are for any adult (16yrs+) that have never learned to swim, or for people that may have once swum but now consider themselves a non-swimmer
The Deaf and disabled community will again get lessons with one teacher to two participant ratio. The lesson coordinator will discuss individual needs after receiving the application.
Bookings for swimming lessons are now open for January 2020
We’re offering residents free swimming lessons. Twelve-week courses for beginners are available at leisure centres operated by Everyday Active on behalf of Southwark Council.
Who is the offer available to?
If you’re a Southwark resident, a non-swimmer and aged 16 or over, you can book free swimming lessons. Lessons are available as follows:
- adults aged 16 or over can book lessons at Peckham Pulse Leisure Centre
- over-60s can book lessons at any centre listed below
- residents with disabilities can book at any centre below
Where can you have free lessons?
- Camberwell Leisure Centre, Artichoke Place, London SE5 8TS
- The Castle Centre, 2 St Gabriel Walk, Elephant and Castle, London SE1 6FG
- Dulwich Leisure Centre, 2b Crystal Palace Road, London SE22 9HB
- Peckham Pulse Leisure Centre, 10 Melon Road, London SE15 5QN
- Seven Islands Leisure Centre, 100 Lower Road, Rotherhithe SE16 2TU
How to book your free lessons
- Check when lessons are available each week.
- Fill in a request form after clicking to register stating your preference of when you’d like to have lessons.
- Everyone Active will contact you by phone or email to offer you a lesson slot. If a suitable slot isn’t available, you’ll be put on a waiting list.
- You need to confirm whether you’d like to accept the place if one is offered.
- Bring proof of your address to the leisure centre on the day of your first lesson.
You can find out additional information about the scheme here, including what to bring and the length of the course.
Follow us on Twitter: @ActiveSouthwark