VICTA/RNIB Grants Criteria
RNIB and VICTA are working together to support children and young people who are blind or partially sighted to study with greater independence using technology.
If you are registered blind or partially sighted and a UK resident you could be eligible for an Apple iPad Air 2 (32GB) with case.
VICTA/RNIB grant guidelines
Applications will be considered for children (under the age of 18) and young people (under the age of 25) who are registered or are registrable blind or partially sighted and are permanent residents in the UK.
The Apple iPad Air 2 (32GB) with case is available to those aged between 11 and 25 years.
All applications are independently reviewed by VICTA Trustees and outcomes will be notified in writing. No outcomes will be given over the telephone.
Successful applicants will be asked to pay 10% of the cost of the product as a one-off charge to cover VICTA’s administration costs.
- Only one grant will be awarded to an applicant within a two-year period
- Only one iPad will be granted to any one applicant
- iPads will only be considered for children over the age of 11 years
- Product(s) will not be released until the 10% contribution has been paid in full
- The product grant is subject to availability even after an individual is approved
- Approved applicants may have to enter into a separate agreement with RNIB regarding the product(s)
Applications can be made through our online form or by downloading the Word version and sending it by post.
To Apply By Post
If returning the form by post, it should be signed, if being sent via email the applicant/parent/guardian (as applicable) should tick the box to indicate that they agree to the terms and conditions. If you have any queries about completing this form please contact us on: 01908 240831 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To Apply Online
Please complete the following form.here: https://www.victa.org.uk/rnib-product-grant/ Supporting documents can be posted to VICTA, 5 Douglas House, 32-34 Simpson Road, Fenny Stratford, Milton Keynes, MK1 1BA or emailed to email@example.com.