CULTURAL BREAK Edinbugh, Scotland with VICTA
Age group: 18 to 29 years
VICTA is off on a fabulous cultural city break to Edinburgh! Scotland’s capital has so much to offer from quaint winding alleyways to the majestic Edinburgh Castle, and the bustling Royal Mile. You will need your walking feet with you on this trip as we will explore the city’s hilly streets, taking in its famous sites and experience a taste of Scottish culture.
The following day we will head to the palace of Holyroodhouse. After a historical and sensory tour we will recoup with a lunch break before exploring the National Museum of Scotland for a tour and workshop.
Departure will be the following day, returning back to Stansted Airport. Flights, accommodation, breakfast and all organised activities will be included in the cost. Attendees will be require to bring spending money to cover lunch, dinner and drinks throughout the trip.
This should be a fascinating trip steeped in history and will be a great chance to discover all Edinburgh has to offer whilst meeting other young people your own age. To apply for your place, please complete the online form on our website before Monday 9 July 2018.
Location: Edinburgh Closing date: Monday 9 July 2018
Event Date: 28 September to 1 October 2018
Age group: 18 to 29 years Cost: £100
- A great opportunity to meet other visually impaired people your age
- Increase your mobility and independence skills
- Experience Scottish history and culture hands-on
- Gain all of this while having a fun trip in a supportive, encouraging environment
Who can apply?
You must be:
- Blind or partially sighted
- At least 18 years old on 28 September 2018
- Aged 29 or under on 28 September 2018
- Willing and physically able to take part in walking tours over uneven ground, including hills and steps
- Able to maintain your own personal hygiene