SUFFOLK YACHT HARBOUR
LEVINGTON IPSWICH IP10 0LN
EAST ANGLIAN SAILING TRUST Sailing / Cruising Dates for 2020.
TASTER WEEKEND 7- 9 May 2020
- Thursday 7th May evening meet up and stay on board overnight in Levington.
- Friday 8th sail all day.
- Saturday 9th sail and finish back in Levington about 2 pm-ish for crews and VI sailors to depart for home.
Priority will be given to first time VI sailors for this weekend
A contribution of £50 (£25 per night) is requested to help cover food, fuel and mooring costs.*
3 DAY WEEKEND CRUISE 29 May – 1 June 2020
- Friday 29th May evening meet up and stay on board overnight in Levington
- Saturday 30th sail all day.
- Sunday 31st sail all day.
- Monday 1st June finish back in Levington about 2 pm ish for crews and Vi sailors to depart for home.
A contribution of £75 (£25 per night) is requested to help cover food, fuel and mooring costs.*
SEPTEMBER WEEK CRUISE 4 -12 Sept 2020
- Friday 4th September evening meet up and stay on board overnight in Levington.
- Set sail on Saturday 5th for a week.
- Return to Levington Friday 11th for a communal evening supper.
- Crews and VI sailors depart for home in the morning on Saturday 12th.
Hopefully, these dates prove to be popular with you all….. Many, many thanks for all your previous EAST cruises and look forward to seeing as many of you as possible in 2020.
A contribution of £200 (£25 per night) is requested to help cover food, fuel and mooring costs.*
*EAST membership is also required at £4 per night or £30 a year.
Sailing is on a variety of yachts from 30′ to 40′ in length. Crew sleep on the boats.
All EAST crews are volunteers. Skippers are NOT paid for the use of their boats. EAST skippers and sighted crew are VI awareness trained. Life jackets provided.
VI crew can attend as individuals or a group (limited numbers). They need to be active and physically able to move on a boat. Sorry, 18 years + only. Nor, unfortunately, can we accommodate guide dogs.
All this happens at Suffolk Yacht Harbour, Levington near Ipswich. We can help with transport from Ipswich bus and railway stations.
INTERESTED, WANT MORE INFORMATION?
Contact: Trevor Williams Mobile: 0787 290 7719
Visit our website www.e-a-s-t.org.uk. EAST is a registered charity.
Our VI Cruising Chairman Simon Daws, who is VI, would be very happy to talk to anybody with questions or in need of reassurance – Mobile: 07749 714361.
Testimonial from a VI Crew – “The feeling of sheer exhilaration, total involvement and being alive was incredible. That combination of boat, sea and wind meant that just for a while I could forget that I was visually impaired, and my only regret was that I hadn’t done it sooner. I’m never happier than when at the helm with the wind in my hair and the boat trimmed perfectly!”