Theis now less than 3 weeks away and we cannot wait to welcome everyone to Mile End Stadium.
To ensure no one will miss out,
we have decided to extend the deadline to the 12th of June!
If you have not done so already, please do try and apply before this deadline as this will be your final chance. Hope to see you there!
Charlie Raven – SDO Metro Blind Sport.
Athletics Open Event Details
- Date: Sat 22 June 2019 Venue: Mile End Stadium, London, E14 7TW
- Entry: FREE including packed lunch, t-shirt, medals & certificate
- Download Entry Form here: https://blindsport.uk/AthleticsOpen2019
- Please complete and return the form attached below, by email to email@example.com
- Need help to complete the entry form – Call Charlie on 07966260089
VICTA £50 for Travel: Athletic Open
Metro Blind Sport – Welcomes athletes of all ages and experience throughout the UK to join us in our annual competition’s ‘43rd year!
The morning ‘Come and Try Coaching Session’ will once again provide those new to the sport a brilliant opportunity to try out running, jumping and throwing in a fun and relaxed atmosphere, supported by qualified coaches. If you haven’t tried an event before and want to compete in the afternoon, or are looking to improve your performance this is the place for you.
The 2019 programme will be run under UKA/IBSA rules and is open to males and females of all ages. The athletics competitions are principally for registered blind and partially sighted people.
Every competitor will receive a free t-shirt along with either a medal and/or performance certificate. Free packed lunches will be provided for all competitors, coaches, officials and volunteers. *Guide Runners may be arranged with advance notice, you will need to provide an estimate of your track times.
Guest competitors are welcome but no medals or certificates can be awarded.
Come and Try Session starts 10.00am – 11.30am, open to all ages, an ideal opportunity to access specialist coaching in track and field disciplines.
Competition starts 12.00 noon, listed below are all events grouped under the relevant age ranges. Results will be uploaded to Power of 10 as soon as possible.
Event closes after final Medal Ceremony – 5.00pm
- Under 12 (Age at 01.01.2019) – Boys and Girls (4 events only) 60m, 100m, Standing Long Jump, Ball Throw, For B1 athletes only)
- Under 14 (Age at 01.01.2019) – Boys and Girls (4 events only) 100m, 800m, Long Jump, High Jump, Shot, Discus, Javelin, (For B1 athletes only – called 60m),
- Under 17 (Age at 01.01.2019) – Boys and Girls (4 events only)100m, 800m, Long Jump, High Jump, Shot, Discus, Javelin, (For B1 athletes only – called 60m),
- Senior Ladies and Men (18 – 34)100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, 1500m, 5000m, Long Jump, Triple Jump, High Jump, Shot, Discus, Javelin
- Vets Ladies and Men (Over 35) 100m, 800m, 5000m, Long Jump, Shot
The track (Mile End Stadium) and the accommodation (Queen Mary University) are within walking distance of Mile End Tube Station (Central and District line).