Hello to you all, my name is Ian Francis and I am the Sports Development Officer for Metro Blind Sports.
I very much look forward to meeting and working closely with you to drive forward sporting opportunities for all visually impaired people across Greater London.
You can contact me directly either by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or Tel: 07814 751643 (Mon-Fri, 9 – 5pm)
How I can help
- Keep you informed with what’s on locally for people living with sight loss
- Keep you up to date regarding new sporting activities and latest sporting news
- Supply information on where to develop your skills
- Source coaching where required
- Help you with marketing and promotion of your sports
- Help you to access funding for sporting activities
- Support you with sourcing venues and equipment
- Help with finding volunteers
Metro’s sporting aspirations
- Strengthen and grow the number of sports available for blind and partially sighted people across all London boroughs.
- Grow our partnerships so that we meet the sporting wants and needs of people in London who are blind or partially sighted.
- Develop a volunteer programme to recruit, train and support more volunteers to enhance all of Metro’s activities.
British Blind Sport have begun developing sport-specific educational resources to assist those who are delivering sporting sessions with support and guidance on how to include people with sight loss.
Links below and include:
- Visit BBS Swimming page | Download the Word version
- Visit BBS Athletics page | Download the Word version
- Visit BBS Football page | Download the Word version
- Visit BBS Judo page | Download PDF version
In partnership with the Amateur Swimming Association, Visually Impaired Friendly Swimming is an online swimming course for including people with visual impairment more effectively in swimming lessons and clubs. Find out more here.